Epica Digital Emergency: In times of emergency, a lot of people rely on emergency radios that keep them updated about the latest situation, weather updates, and other important news and information that is broadcasted on air.
An emergency radio, just like other radios is a receiver, but it is designed specifically to function in case of emergency, power outages or any situations that make a person or a group of people isolated or have no contact with the nearest civilization. There are radios also that are designed to function without electricity through batteries and even with renewable energies such as solar power.
Emergency radios are usually being designed by the weather radio brands to be portable and can broadcast the standard AM and FM broadcasting bands that provide news, weather updates, and other important broadcasting programs which works with a basic shortwave radio coverage just like any other average radios that you can find.
Usually, emergency radios or portable weather radio can last long enough and maintain its power as long as possible especially during power outages. People who are in dire need of help use this for over a day because this kind of radio compared to other types of receivers is designed to consume battery at the lowest level; meaning it does not consume a lot of power, thus, it stays longer than other types of receivers.
In fact, there are even portable emergency radios that have a hand-crank that can be rotated repeatedly to recharge the battery, but nowadays, portable emergency radios have some rechargeable batteries that can be charged prior to its use while some if it runs low on battery, can be charged directly to the sun because of its built-in solar panel that juices up the battery just like other types of it such as an am FM weather portable radio.
WHEN CHOOSING A GOOD QUALITY EMERGENCY RADIO, FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE STEPS
- Go with the basic- A lot of people needs a radio that can deliver NOAA alerts and other emergency broadcast warnings and mistakenly buys an expensive shortwave radio, but it is not just necessary after all, unless you want to communicate with other people, you can buy a two-way radio, or if you want to use it for emergency purposes, try sticking to the basic emergency radio that is way cheaper, it does not need to be expensive when buying the best weather radio.
- Check the NOAA logo and Public Alert logo- To determine the best weather radio to buy, check these stickers notes that the radio has followed the technical standards and has the ability to receive and broadcast specific announcements from NOAA and the national government regarding emergency situations.
BEST PORTABLE EMERGENCY RADIO THAT WE RECOMMEND
- Epica Digital Emergency Solar Hand Crank AM/FM/NOAA Radio- Epica’s very own digital emergency radio comes with a flashlight, a phone charging port, and of course, can clearly receive and broadcast the NOAA Certified Weather in times of emergency situations making it the best handheld weather radio. This can be yours at $21.95 at Amazon.
- Lightweight emergency radio that has three bands, the AM, FM, and the NOAA VHF weather frequencies perfect to be used during emergency situations.
- Has a 3-LED flashlight to give you illumination during power outages at night.
- Has a three-way charging option (cranking, plug-in, and solar panel).
“It perfectly charged my iPhone 7 during a four-hour outage at my apartment. When I brought it during a tornado that hit our place and, it perfectly worked well and broadcasted tornado warnings even when I was deep under our house’s bunker. It is the best portable weather radio. I definitely love this emergency portable radio and will surely recommend this radio to everyone I know. I bought it when it read it in a weather alert radio reviews online”—Zack Nuremberger of Oklahoma.
Kaito Voyager Pro KA600 Digital Solar Dynamo,Wind Up,Dynamo Cranking AM/FM/LW/SW & NOAA Weather Emergency Radio with Flashlight, Reading Lamp Alert,Smart Phone Charger & RDS and Real-Time Alert, Green
- 4-way Powered Solar / Hand Crank Digital Emergency Radio
- AM/FM Shortwave Longwave NOAA Weather Radio with Real-time Weather Alert and RDS (Radio Data System)
- Auxiliary input jack available for external audio devices and 180-degree adjustable solar panel with 5-LED reading lamp
- 4 tuning methods including manual, direct digit entry, ATS and memory tuning with 335 memories for easy access to favorite stations
- Calendar, alarm clock with dual settings, sleep timer, thermometer and humidity meter
Uniden BC355N 800 MHz 300-Channel Base/Mobile Scanner. Close Call RF Capture Technology. Pre-programmed Service Search. “Action” Bands to Hear Police, Ambulance, Fire, Amateur Radio, Public Utilities, Weather, and More.
$81.78 in stock
3 used from $ 68.75
- The Uniden Bearcat BC355N Mobile/Base Scanner is one of the most feature packed, user-friendly, entry level scanners available today. It can pick up analog receptions including 6 Service banks for monitoring Police, Fire, Emergency Medical Services, Marine, Air, Weather, and CB frequencies.
- The BC355N features "Close Call RF Capture Technology," which instantly tunes to signals from nearby transmitters. This pre-programmed search makes it easier to find active frequencies and helps you stay on top of local happenings and emergencies in your area.
- You can save up to 300 frequencies that are scanned along with the preset frequencies. So whenever you encounter a newly activated local frequency for any service category, you can add it to the bank for that category. This gives you quick access to the frequencies you want to hear.
- The BC355N comes complete with a backlit display, making it easier to read in low light conditions, along with AC adapter, a DC power cable and an automotive power outlet plug, giving you more options for supplying power at home or in your car.
- If you're looking for an affordable way to jump into the world of scanners, the BC355N may be the right choice for you. (Please note: model BC355N is not suitable for trunking or digital radio system monitoring. If you live in an area where trunking or digital radio systems are used, you need to upgrade to a Uniden Digital model ("D" stands for Digital), such as models BCD996P2, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BCD325P2, or HomePatrol-2.
Sangean PR-D9W AM/FM Weather Alert Rechargeable Portable Radio
$49.00 in stock
2 used from $ 79.94
- Sangean PR-D9W AM/FM Weather Alert Rechargeable Portable Radio
- Automatic Alert Warns you of Hazardous Condition
- Flashing Red LED Light with Emergency Siren
- Rechargeable and Dry-Cell Battery
- 19 Memory Preset Stations including my Favorite Station
Uniden BCD536HP HomePatrol Series Digital Phase 2 Base/Mobile Scanner with HPDB and Wi-Fi. Simple Programming, TrunkTracker V, S.A.M.E. Emergency/Weather Alert. Covers USA and Canada.
$472.12 in stock
7 used from $ 342.33
- Favorites List, System, and Department/Site Quick Keys
- Enhanced dynamic memory with narrowband reception and location-based scanning
- Preemptive trunking priority and multi-site system support. Two-Tone Paging with up to 32 tone slots
- S.A.M.E weather alert with USA/Canada radio database and fire tone-out alert
- Close Call RF capture with 4GB of memory. Audio AGC
Eton NSP101WXGR AM/FM/NOAA Weatherband Scorpion II Rugged Portable Emergency Weather Radio With Smartphone Charger, Digital Tuner, Rugged Exterior Skin And Aluminum Carabineer, Solar Battery, Green
1 used from $ 29.15
- Receives AM/FM/NOAA Weatherband to keep you informed and entertained
- NOAA Weather Alerts so you know what's coming your way
- Digital tuner and display for precise tuning and reception
- Super bright long lasting ½ watt LED flashlight
- 5V 1A USB output charges smartphones
Midland ER310, Emergency Solar Hand Crank AM/FM Digital Weather Radio
- MIDLAND RADIOS - ER310
- EMERGENCY CRANK WEATHER ALERT RADIO
Kello TK-669G Emergency Solar Hand Crank Weather Alert Radio AM/FM/SW/All Hazard Public Alert NOAA Certified Radio with LED Flashlight, Cell Phone Charger and Alarm Clock (Orange)
- Multifunctional AM/FM/SW/NOAA weather alert radio with 3 LED flashlight, smart phone charger and alarm clock, broadcast emergency weather alerts for your area such as hurricanes, tornadoes and severe storms.
- The main chipset in radio is made by a leading US supplier makes the radio reception superior.
- With Alert standby function, the radio will be silenced until there is a weather statement, watch or warning when you enter the Weather Alert Mode.
- Can be powered by 4 ways.
- Ideal as a home radio and an essential part of emergency kits, survival kits, but out bags etc.
Epica Digital Emergency Solar Hand Crank AM/FM/NOAA Radio, Flashlight, Smartphone Charger with NOAA Certified Weather Alert & Cable-ONE Cable Does All
out of stock
- ARE YOU READY FOR WHEN THE LIGHTS GO OUT? Epica's compact, lightweight device includes a 3-band radio (standard AM and FM broadcast frequency plus NOAA VHF weather frequencies), a 3-LED flashlight, mobile phone charger , and 3 ways to charge (crank, solar panel, and plug-in).
- NEVER BE LEFT WITH ANALOG AGAIN: We all hate fumbling with tiny analog station tuners and coming up with a weak or distorted signal. When getting the station right matters, pick up your Epica digital tuner. And when tuning at night or in lights-out situations, the simple backlight and digital liquid crystal display allows you to see everything crystal clear.
- COMPACT AND BUILT TO LAST: You don't always know what the future holds, which is why Epica designed to slip easily into a large jacket pocket or attach it to your belt with the sturdy carabiner clip.
- POWER UP IN ANY SITUATION: Want to be the most reliable one in a pinch? Other radios, phones and flashlights go dark. But you can power up effortlessly through plug-in, solar power, or crank-1 minute of easy cranking and you have a full 20 minutes of power!
- OUR "THERE WHEN YOU NEED IT" GUARANTEE: Epica makes products that last ... and last. But if for any reason your Epica product doesn't make you happy, reach out and you'll receive our 100% refund or replacement.
Kaito KA101 EZ-weather One-touch NOAA Weather Radio (Red)
- All 7 pre-set NOAA weather channels for instant 24/7 weather information with a finger touch
- Intelligent circuit design automatically scans and picks up local weather channel with the strongest signal strength
- Stylish design & water-resistant construction with an 18-inch, 7-section swivel telescopic antenna for crystal-clear reception
- Powered by 3 AA batteries (not included) or 5V DC (micro USB)
- 1-year manufacturer's warranty
Kaito KA500BU 5-Way Powered Emergency AM/FM/SW Weather Alert Radio, Blue
$49.99 in stock
- Solar Power
- AA Battery Power
- Hand crank Power
- AC adapter Power(Adapter not included, sold separately)
- Built in Ni-MH battery pack Power
RunningSnail Emergency Solar AM/FM//NOAA Digital Weather Radio with 3W LED Flashlight, SOS Alarm & 2000MAh Power Bank for Hurricane/ Storm/ Earthquake/ Camping/ Hiking
- WIDE RANGE OF RADIO BAND: Receives AM/FM/7 NOAA Weather channels to automatically broadcast weather alerts you when Tornado/Flood/Storm is around the corner, to keep you informed and entertained;
- AUTOMATICALLY ALERT AND SEARCH CHANNEL: The alert function of this emergency radio will be automatically activated when it receives the alert signals from the NOAA weather stations; and it can automatically search the station with Long press "UP" or "DOWN" button, easy to operate;
- SUPER BRIGHT & PORTABLE USB CHARGER: With super bright 3W LED flashlight to light up your dark road. Also it can be used to charging your cellphone via Micro-USB cable directly in emergency, like power outage and emergency call;
- ALWAYS IN CHARGING: solar powered, crank powered, AAA battery powered and USB cable powered. Do not worry about power outage;
- WARRANTY: -30 Days Money Back Guarantee. -12 Months Replacement Warranty. -Lifetime Support Guarantee.
Kaito Voyager Pro KA600 Digital Solar Dynamo,Wind Up,Dynamo Cranking AM/FM/LW/SW & NOAA Weather Emergency Radio with Flashlight, Reading Lamp Alert,Smart Phone Charger & RDS and Real-Time Alert, with AC Adapter, Black
$85.00 in stock
- Dynamo and Solar Powered AM/FM/LW Shortwave & NOAA weather radio with back-lit digital display, NOAA all hazards alert & RDS
- 4 tuning methods including manual, direct digit entry, ATS & memory tuning with 335 memories for easy access to favorite stations
- Calendar, alarm clock with dual settings, sleep timer, thermometer & humidity meter
- 180-degree adjustable solar panel with 5-LED reading lamp, Flashlight
- 5 Ways of Charging the radio,Auxiliary input jack available for external audio devices