Epica Digital Emergency: In times of emergency, many people rely on emergency radios that keep them updated about the latest situation, weather updates, and other important news and information broadcasted on air.
Feature Epica Digital Emergency Weather
An emergency radio, just like other radios, is a receiver. Still, it is designed specifically to function in case of emergency, power outages, or any situations that make a person or a group of people isolated or have no contact with the nearest civilization.
There are radios designed to function without electricity through batteries and even with renewable energies such as solar power.
The weather radio brands are usually designing emergency radios to be portable. They can broadcast the standard AM and FM broadcasting bands that provide news, weather updates, and other important broadcasting programs that work with a basic shortwave radio coverage just like any other average radios that you can find.
Usually, emergency radios or portable weather radio can last long enough and maintain their power as long as possible, especially during power outages. People who are in dire need of help use this for over a day because this kind of radio, compared to other types of receivers, is designed to consume battery at the lowest level; meaning it does not consume a lot of power; thus, it stays longer than other types of receivers.
In fact, there are even portable emergency radios that have a hand-crank that can be rotated repeatedly to recharge the battery. Still, nowadays, portable emergency radios have some rechargeable batteries that can be charged before its use while some if it runs low on battery, can be charged directly to the sun because of its built-in solar panel that juices up the battery just like other types of it such as an am FM weather portable radio.
WHEN CHOOSING A GOOD QUALITY EMERGENCY RADIO, FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE STEPS
- Go with the basic- A lot of people need a radio that can deliver NOAA alerts and other emergency broadcast warnings and mistakenly buys an expensive shortwave radio. Still, it is not just necessary after all unless you want to communicate with other people, you can buy a two-way radio, or if you want to use it for emergency purposes, try sticking to the basic emergency radio that is way cheaper, it does not need to be expensive when buying the best weather radio.
- Check the NOAA logo and Public Alert logo- To determine the best weather radio to buy, check these stickers notes that the radio has followed the technical standards and can receive and broadcast specific announcements from NOAA the national government regarding emergencies.
BEST PORTABLE EMERGENCY RADIO THAT WE RECOMMEND
- Epica Digital Emergency Solar Hand Crank AM/FM/NOAA Radio- Epica’s very own digital emergency radio comes with a flashlight, a phone charging port, and of course, can clearly receive and broadcast the NOAA Certified Weather in times of emergencies, making it the best handheld weather radio. This can be yours at $21.95 at Amazon.
- Lightweight emergency radio has three bands, the AM, FM, and the NOAA VHF weather frequencies perfect for emergencies.
- It has a 3-LED flashlight to give you illumination during power outages at night.
- It has a three-way charging option (cranking, plug-in, and solar panel).
“It perfectly charged my iPhone 7 during a four-hour outage at my apartment.
When I brought it during a tornado that hit our place and perfectly worked well and broadcasted tornado warnings even when I was deep under our house’s bunker, it is the best portable weather radio.
I definitely love this emergency portable radio and will surely recommend this radio to everyone I know. I bought it when it read it in a weather alert radio reviews online”—Zack Nuremberger of Oklahoma.
Kaito Voyager Pro KA600 Digital Solar Dynamo,Wind Up,Dynamo Cranking AM/FM/LW/SW & NOAA Weather Emergency Radio with Flashlight, Reading Lamp Alert,Smart Phone Charger & RDS and Real-Time Alert, Green
$79.99 in stock
Uniden BC355N 800 MHz 300-Channel Base/Mobile Scanner. Close Call RF Capture Technology. Pre-programmed Service Search. “Action” Bands to Hear Police, Ambulance, Fire, Amateur Radio, Public Utilities, Weather, and More.
15 used from $70.71
Uniden BCD536HP HomePatrol Series Digital Phase 2 Base/Mobile Scanner with HPDB and Wi-Fi. Simple Programming, TrunkTracker V, S.A.M.E. Emergency/Weather Alert. Covers USA and Canada.
1 used from $335.20
Eton NSP101WXGR AM/FM/NOAA Weatherband Scorpion II Rugged Portable Emergency Weather Radio With Smartphone Charger, Digital Tuner, Rugged Exterior Skin And Aluminum Carabineer, Solar Battery, Green
Kaito Voyager Pro KA600 Digital Solar Dynamo,Wind Up,Dynamo Cranking AM/FM/LW/SW & NOAA Weather Emergency Radio with Flashlight, Reading Lamp Alert,Smart Phone Charger & RDS and Real-Time Alert, with AC Adapter, Black
$89.98 in stock
[Upgraded Version] RunningSnail Emergency Hand Crank Self Powered AM/FM NOAA Solar Weather Radio with LED Flashlight, 1000mAh Power Bank for iPhone/Smart Phone
$17.90 in stock
1 used from $17.01
RunningSnail Solar Crank NOAA Weather Radio for Emergency with AM/FM, Flashlight, Reading Lamp and 2000mAh Power Bank (Green)
$29.90 in stock
2 used from $27.51
【2021 Newest】RunningSnail Emergency Crank Radio，4000mAh-Solar Hand Crank Portable AM/FM/NOAA Weather Radio with 1W Flashlight&Motion Sensor Reading Lamp，Cell Phone Charger, SOS for Home and Emergency
$35.90 in stock
1 used from $34.11