The newly launched Kaito KA500 is a sister product of Kaitos largely praised emergency radios KA008, KA007 and KA009. With its artistic design and versatile features, it is a perfect companion for emergency preparedness objectives, open-air activities as well as traveling.
Specially made for emergency conditions, the KA500 provides different techniques to power itself. Those techniques contain DC/AC adapter, 3 AA batteries, the built-in rechargeable Ni-MH battery which can be recharged with the help of AC adapter, by hand, by PC, or by solar panel, and the dynamo hand crank which not just can recharge the built-in battery but offers power even when no battery is installed.
At the heart of the KA500, there is an inside generator that recharges the internal changeable Ni-MH battery pack and powers the radio, reading lamp and flashlight. Also, by plugging your mobile phone into the jack on the back of the radio, you can use the crank to power your phone. Not just that, this radio also specs a USB port, which you can use either to charge your radio with a personal computer or charge other automatic gadgets with the hand crank. You can use the KA500 to get a big range of broadcasting adding FM, AM, shortwave and NOAA weather stations. The seven weather channels are pre-programmed and numbered from one to seven, you can simply conveniently tune into the stations by switch turning, no more guess job involved.
Related with any other solar-run urgent situation radios, the KA500 has its special 180-degree changeable solar panel, which can boost sunlight contact to power up the radio or charge the inner Ni-MH batteries. On the backside of the solar panel, there is a wonderful bright five LED reading lamp. Standard accessories, user manual.
This exclusive Kaito KA500 five-way urgent situation radio delivers a big range of FM, AM, two-band small and seven pre-programmed NOAA weather channels for talk shows, sports, entertainment, world flash news and 27/7 true-time weather forecast with PEAS (Public Emergency Alert System).
- Dynamo cranking power – 120 turns per minute of cranking will energy the built-in Ni-MH battery package with powerful current and voltage.
- Solar panel power – under the open sunlight, the solar panel will energy the radio without an issue.
- AA batteries – you can use three general AA batteries to run the radio for highest reception.
- Charge from a PC through USB port
- Built-in rechargeable battery pack
- Five LED reading lamps
- LED flashlight and LED red SOS beacon light
- USB mobile phone charger that adapts to both iOS and Android gadgets
- As it runs on AA batteries, it is a must to have a standby battery.
This emergency radio unit extremely helpful for those who travel a lot around the cities of Canada & USA to keep themselves secure and safe. Together to make a difference, this Kaito emergency radio jobs great indeed.