Eton Scorpion ll: Despite the advancement of our technology nowadays, emergency radios always come in handy in disasters and emergencies.
If you ask anyone who is residing in the areas across the United States where hurricanes and tornadoes are frequently ravaging, they always rely on using emergency radios that allow them to hear the latest broadcast on weather, national emergency broadcast, and a lot more useful information that they need to keep them safe and alert at all times.
During power outages, our handheld mobile devices such as smartphones will eventually run out of batteries, so as our computers and televisions. Still, emergency radios run in dry cell batteries, sometimes rechargeable batteries that allow the user to listen to regular radio programming without electricity.
Emergency radios are specifically designed to function during power outages. That is why the latest models of this beneficial emergency device can recharge itself through hand cranking or using a solar panel. Still, its batteries usually last two to three d, ays depending on the batteries’ capacity, making it very suitable for emergencies.
The importance of emergency radios can be told by thousands of Americans who are in disaster-prone areas of the country, particularly towns and cities that are located in Oklahoma’s Tornado Alley, as well as those living in the Southern part of the country, which is frequently hit by hurricanes and storms.
The best handheld weather radio has already saved hundreds of lives because of its ability to make people do preemptive measures before disaster strikes.
If you want to include an emergency radio for your emergency kit, you might want to check out some important considerations before buying one and choose a weather radio brands so that you will get the best value for your money and get the best weather radio.
- Ensure the emergency portable weather radio can receive and broadcast NOAA’s broadcasting and alerts and am FM weather portable radio.
- Ensure it is strong and sturdy enough to withstand harsh situations like flooding, raining, constant moving, or much-better buy a waterproof emergency radio.
- Make sure it has very long battery life.
- Make sure it has three-way charging options; plug-in, hand crank, and solar panel.
- Make sure it has a flashlight and a USB-charging port for your smartphone.
- Make sure it is compact and portable so that you can bring it with you anytime and anywhere.
The Eton Scorpion ll Rugged Portable Emergency Weather Radio – This emergency radio can be yours at $**.99 from its original price of $**.41 on Amazon, making it one of the best weather radio to buy.
This comes with a smartphone USB charging port with torchlight and long battery life, perfect for emergencies, and it has great weather alert radio reviews.
- NOAA Weather Alerts broadcast ready
- Digital tuner and display
- LED torchlight
- Rechargeable 800 mAh lithium battery
- Three-way charging options (plug-in, hand-crank, and battery)
“It was delivered to me last March, and I first used it when there was a tornado warning at my place, where I and my family have to shelter ourselves in the bunker under our house. We listened to NOAA broadcasting for several hours and thank God, we were all safe because the tornado melted on its own halfway. I can consider this emergency radio to be the most reliable because it helped me and my family a lot. Its battery life is just amazing, it lasted for six hours with just a small percentage used. For me, it is the best portable weather radio,”—Alex Toad.